Saturday 23 June 2012

You Will Call Me Sir: What type of Dom are you? (Partial Reblog)



little n says.....

You will find the link to the original post here in which You will call me sir posted a responce to the question of what type of dom are you?



I find it interesting to read about how a dom sees themselves. Everyone seems to have different ideas about what it is to be a certain type of dom. For example you will call me sir states that he does not want to be called a daddy, however in my opinion he does have an element of what I would define as daddy about him. Thus it all depends on what you think a daddy dom, sir or master is. Like I said we all have our own ideas on this one. However according to you will call me sir being a sir is about being both strict and cold but sometimes gentile. I have to agree, I have always thought of sirs as colder than say daddies, and more sadistic. But this particular sir is not much into anything too extreme, and I admire his honesty. I think it probably takes a lot to admit that perhaps you are not as ‘hard core’ as some other people, because there is no doubt a tendency by some readers to judge and for others like this particular sir to want to conform to what they think they should be rather than what they are. I’m not to sure about the differences between a master and a sir, those two words have always seemed a bit synonymous to me, but you will call me sir also claims to not be one of them either.

My dom recently had to decide on what he would be, or rather what suited him. At first he was not interested in being called anything. Presumably he did not identify with any of the common labels. No doubt his mind at the mention of sir or master conjured up too many negative stereotypes. He felt that he was too nice to be a sir or a master because he is not particularly sadistic in nature, unless he is ‘play’ fighting with me..then I wish he was a little less sadistic! I disagree with him, I think he like all of us have a sadistic streak, what he means is he does not want to let it out until he knows it’s okay to. It’s still early days, and he is still building up his confidence and learning what is and what is not okay with me and I appreciate that it’s difficult for men these days who have internalised the message that women want to be like men and not have a dominant male in their lives. Its seems a lot of men these days have their confidence knocked and they are scared of being dominant in case it is seen as archaic or worse abuse.So he does have somthing in common with you will call me sir they have/are both learning or have learnt from their subs.

My dom sort of inadvertently became a daddy by virtue of the fact that that’s what I choose to call him! And he seems to have accepted that much more readily than either of the other two. However, I think he may be coming round to the sir idea also. But daddy doms can, in my opinion, also be like sirs. Daddies can be cold and stern sometimes, especially if they are ‘disappointed’ in their little.

I once read on another blog that there was no real difference between a master and a daddy. That it was all in the name. I believe every dom brings something unique to the name, and can be any type of dom they wish. By accepting the label of daddy or sir, my dom is not under any obligation to be like any other daddy or sir if he does not want to. He is free to define his own role within those labels. He might decide to redefine them completely or merge certain aspects of each as he sees them under one label. I am happy for my dom to be whatever he wants to be, although a part of me wants to do an eyeroll at the word master…I guess it has been overused! When I think of sir, I always think of smart suits, and I like a man in a suit, I confess probably for that reason!

No comments:

Post a Comment