Sunday 10 June 2012

Equality does not mean the same.


little n says…
I recently came across a submissive blog written by a self-identified feminist (A Feminist Sub) and that got me thinking. At uni I had a hard time reconciling my feminist identity and my submissive identity because I assumed that they were at odds with each other.

I still consider myself feminist, but my feminism has changed thus I no longer feel like my principles are being compromised by my lifestyle. I don’t mind admitting that my new view of feminism is heavily influenced by Judaism, which has a very different approach to the secular radical feminism which I became familiar with at college and university (which seems to me all about proving that women are just as good as men because they can turn their hand to anything a man does). This may be true, but it’s missing the point a bit. 

When did equality become about sameness? When did women become ashamed of being wives and mothers without careers? It seems that in today’s society women are only respected if they act like men. If they don’t match male achievements they are somehow letting the side down. Don’t get me wrong, it’s great that women can go out and do whatever job they want but women should not be made to feel like they have failed if they don't.

What about if we turned it on its head…Do men really match women? …No! And why should they? Does that make them inferior to women? Of course not! Why then is a woman inferior if she does not match a man in the things he does? Is it because we still all believe that men are superior? And is a female sub inferior to her male dom? Before you answer that consider this…what would he be without you?


No comments:

Post a Comment