Tuesday 17 December 2013

Red Hot

Just incase people didnt already know about this gallery here is a little snippet taken from huffington post:

"A sizzling, smoking hot exhibition celebrating the beauty of red-haired men will open in London next month. 
 The aptly named Red Hot project is the brainchild of photographer Thomas Knights and will attempt to reverse the stigmas attached to ginger men."
  He said: “Being a redheaded male myself it's close to my heart and a very personal project.
“It amazed me how our Western culture holds redheaded women to such high regard, almost the 'ultimate' female, and redheaded males in such low esteem; emasculated and de-sexualised in film and TV and literature.
“I don't think any other hair colour has this polarised opinion between genders. If you think about it, there are no Hollywood leading men with ginger hair, and no superheros or action stars.
“Actually, it's almost laughable to imagine a ginger action star, we have been conditioned to think ginger men are ugly and weak. I wanted to flip this on its head and present the redheaded male as the 'ultimate' alpha male.”

Also here are some of the male models featuring in the gallery incase you missed that too...

 
 

 This is where I reveal my reason for posting this. I confess I am a lover of ginger hair, yes even in men! I know this is not said by many women, perhaps becasue you are all too afraid to say it, but I love a ginger man...even better if hes got a ginger beard to go with it! In fact I love them so much I married a ginger. Perhaps my foundness for these copper haired men comes from how their pale skin and brightly coloured hair differes from my own olivly skin and almost black hair, or maybe I love them simply becasue I fell in love with a man who is ginger and therefore I find other men with similar features attractive, but whatever the reason, I am not ashamed of it. And when ever an idiot shouts across the street at my husband I am momenterily stunned that they should and can insult somthing so beautiful.

I'm glad they included a model who had tattoos in their gallery, I always thought my husband would look good with a tattoo due to his skin colour and am hoping that one day he may get one because I think it would look strikingly good on him.

So you can imagine my disapointment when it was revealed to me that the actor who is to play christian grey in the 50 shades movie is not ginger! (Not that I am a big supporter of the books... but im still going to watch the film hehe) I wonder if this is perhaps becasue hollywood didnt think a ginger man could pull it off and be sexy enough? or maybe there are not enough ginger actors (probably for the same reason that Thomas Knights was unable to find many professional ginger male models listed in any of the top agencies he called!). Or maybe they just over looked EL James' descriptions of a copper haired Chrisitan in their rush to start filming. I also wondered why Thomas Knight says that the only ginger actor anyone can think of is Damian Lewis....not true! What about Ewan McGregor? Mmmmmm Lets not forget about Ewan McGregor! Wouldn't he make a good christian? ok maybe he is a bit older than the character in the book but I always thought chrisitan was too young for that role anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment