Monday 2 July 2012

Another 50 shades update

little n says…

I just finished the first 50 shades book. I know I have already criticised it quite a lot but that does not mean that I did not enjoy it at all.  I couldn’t help feeling sorry for ana at the end when she walked out on Mr Grey believing that he could never love her back after receiving her first proper punishment from him. I can empathise a little with her feeling that what she wants and what Mr Grey wants is incompatible because sometimes I have also felt like this (allbeit the other way around) but the thought of actually walking out like that is heartbreakingly sad to me, just like it seems to be for ana in the book.

I think I would give the book maybe a 6 or 7 out of 10. I am a little concerned however  that it is portraying Doms as incapable of love and with difficult childhoods/'issues' which is not true. Perhaps as the trilogy progresses Mr Grey might show ana that he is capable of love, and who knows he may even let her touch him!

So I’m now on to the second book. My only hope is that ana will drop her favourite sayings, although their usage does seem to have waned a bit as the first book has progressed thankfully. I had begun to just skip italic bits in the hope to avoid them so it didn't ruin my enjoyment.

I'd love to hear about what other people thought about the first book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment